In modern web stacks, the FE application is usually created separately from the BE (REST API) services. This is a good approach, however, in practice many issues still occur when FE actually gets connected to the BE.
In this workshop you will learn how to reduce these integration risks by having a comprehensive coverage with this integration challenge in mind.
Who is it for?
– You want to learn how to perform API testing properly
– You want to improve coverage in your API tests
– You want to learn what to focus on when it comes to API traffic from FE perspective
What will you learn?
– Know how to write proper API tests for all CRUD operations including end-to-end assertions
– Know what and how to test API traffic from FE perspective, this includes mocking/stubbing
Tools used in this workshop:
– Rest Assured
– Selenium WebDriver
Setup has to be done prior to joining the workshop session, we will not do the setup during the workshop session
Service test -> https://github.com/kwoding/contact-service-test/blob/exercise1/doc/instructions.md
Frontend test -> https://github.com/kwoding/contact-frontend-test/blob/exercise1/doc/instructions.md
- GOOD understanding of Java and POJOs
- Familiar with REST concepts
- Basic knowledge of the tools used
09:00 – 10:30 Part 1
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:30 Part 2
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 15:30 Part 3
15:30 – 16:00 Coffee Break
16:00 – 17:30 Part 4
Rate this tutorial
Sli.do – T387
Automation Full Day Tutorial