GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS PARTICIPANTS
Article 1: Definitions
In these General Terms and Conditions, the following terms are defined as set forth below:
- Participant is the legal person attending the Romanian Testing Conference event, being that a private person or a company paying for an employee to attend the event.
- RTC is the publisher/organizer, namely SC RTC QA Consulting SRL, registered in Cluj-Napoca, 8-10 Iasilor street, Romania, organizing the event as described in 1.3 and 1.4
- RTC2020 Conference day, 2Days Pack, 3 days Pack and Unconf represent a specific day or days a participant enrolls for, with the purpose of knowledge and information transfer, and will further on referred as registrations.
- Tutorial represents a specific workshop with a full day duration, workshop represents a practical 2 hours session and talk a 45 minutes session and all of them will be referred further as events or sessions.
Article 2: General
- Unless explicitly agreed to the contrary, these General Terms and Conditions apply to all registrations agreements between RTC and the participant. By enrolling, the participant accepts these General Terms and Conditions.
- The rights and/or duties of the participant are not transferable to a third party, without prior written permission from RTC.
- RTC is entitled to change the program at any time, without prior approval from the participants
- The subject of the present agreement is the organization of the “Romania Testing Conference 2020” by the services provider, and the participation to the events of the beneficiary. “Romania Testing Conference 2020” will take place during 10.06.2020-12.06.2020, at the Grand Hotel Italia, Cluj-Napoca venue. The workshops organised by the presenters/conference speakers will take place during the dates of 10-11.06.2020 and the presentations will take place on 12.06.2020. Unconf day is organized off-site to a partner that is sponsoring the event.
Article 3: Enrollment
- The registration process is completed via the website. The participant receives a confirmation email of enrollment and a ticket after the payment has been confirmed. All instructions regarding payment and registration process are presented on the website.
- The participant will use the ticket with the purpose of checking in in the specific day of the event for which is generated. Ticket is non transferable to a third party without prior acceptance from the organizer.
- RTC is entitled to refuse any request to participate in an event, conference or workshop without due reason.
- The participant is required not to act contrary to these General Terms and Conditions by the enrollment.
Article 4: Invoicing and payment
- The entrance fee is to be paid in advance regardless if it is for the conference or workshop. Without payment, access to the events, conference, tutorial or workshop will be denied. Prices and benefits included are described in detail on the website for each of the participation possible.
- Payment is due in maximum two weeks after confirmation of the online registration. Failure to confirm the payment within the two weeks will lead to the cancellation of the enrollment without any prior notification needed.
- For a domestic customer (Romanian) all due amounts to the organizer by the participant will be paid in the “RON” currency, based on the exchange rate of the B.N.R. on the date of the issuance of the pro-forma invoice into the account number RO58INGB0000999904216845 open at the ING Bank, Cluj Branch.
- For a customer from abroad all due amounts to the organizer by the participant will be paid in the “EURO” currency into the account number RO05INGB0000999904372611 open at the ING Bank, Cluj Branch.
- For EU customers with a valid intra-community fiscal number, invoices will be presented excluding VAT.
Article 5: Cancellation
- Cancellations are not possible.
- An entrance ticket can be transferred to another person. A request must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The transfer is possible until two weeks before the event date. The transfer request made until four weeks before the event date is without any costs. For transfers within two to four weeks before the event date 30 EUR will be charged per transfer.
- RTC reserves the right to cancel a tutorial, conference or workshop due to unforeseen circumstances.
Article 6: Rules for tutorials and workshops
- The assignment to a workshop/tutorial is done during the reservation of tickets.
- Participants are not allowed to change their workshop/tutorial in the day of the event.
- Changing of a workshop/tutorial can lead to expulsion from the conference with no refund.
- The participant is solely responsible to prepare and install the communicated workshop/tutorial requirements, prerequisites, software.
Article 7: Program
- The program is subject to changes at all times. RTC is not liable for any changes and the damage it causes to participants and/or third parties.
- In case a speaker cannot participate to a tutorial and he notifies the organizer prior with 2 weeks before the session starts, the organizers will try to replace the tutorial with an equivalent topic and a reputable trainer. The participants will receive an email to reconfirm that they would like to enroll to the new tutorial or they can opt for another available tutorial. In case none of this solutions are viable, the participant can ask to get the money back for the changed tutorial (alone)
- In case a speaker cannot participate to RTC due to personal problems, health issues or major life events that couldn’t have been planned and the organizers cannot find a suitable solution due to limited time, the slot will remain empty and the money will be handed back to participants.
- In case of a change in the RTC2020 Conference Day schedule, due to speaker’s unavailability with a short notice, there is no liability from the organizers and the participant cannot ask for the money back.
Article 8: Distributing flyers
- Participants are not allowed to distribute flyers or to advertise for any third party in any other way, without prior written permission from RTC.
Article 9: Recruitment Activities
- Participants are not allowed to do any recruitment activities without informing RTC in written form at the email address mentioned at 5.2.
Article 10: Video and/or audio recordings
- Participants are not allowed to make any video and/or audio recordings of the presented content without prior written permission from RTC.
Article 11: Intellectual Property
- RTC reserves the copyrights of the organization of the event and of all the information presented during the event, except for the technical content presented which is the intellectual property of the presenters/speakers and partners promotional materials or information published by the partners in the agenda, website and associated social media event.
Article 12: Liability
- RTC is not liable for lost property or theft.
- Participants are liable for the damage caused by their direct or indirect action founded on fault or negligence, as well as the damage and costs incurred by RTC via third parties.
- RTC cannot be held liable for damage that a participant may suffer as a result of a cancellation of an event, conference or workshop.
- RTC cannot be held liable for any damage that a participant may suffer due to or during an event, conference or training.
Article 13: Providing personal information
- Participants agree to have their email address and full name, provided at the moment of registration stored in RTC database for communication purposes, namely for periodical newsletter. The personal information provided by the participants will be used in sending regular updates, information about the program and details regarding the event in the current year and years to follow.
- RTC will not, under any circumstance, except where there is a legal request from the judicial authorities, use this information for purposes outside the scope of the event. RTC will never sell, expose or offer any details from its customer database to any third party person or organisation.
- In the case where a participant wants to remove himself from the database, he has the option of doing so at the bottom of the newsletters he receives. The unsubscribe option acts immediately.
Article 14: Code of conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at our conference are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organisers will enforce this code throughout the event. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualised clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualised environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, the conference organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified as they’ll be wearing branded clothing and/or badges.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at conference and workshop venues and conference-related social events.
Article 15: Agreement termination
- The present agreement is terminated by all rights one day after the event closure, on 13.06.2020.
- The contract may also be terminated if both parties agree upon it in case of force majeure, as well as any other cause provided by the law.